Who We Are
Ascend is the largest, non-profit Pan-Asian organization for business professionals in North America. Established in 2005, Ascend has grown to serve professionals and corporations across various professions and across multiple industries.
Ascend reaches 60,000 people with 34 student chapters and 17 professional chapters located in both the United States and Canada around major business hubs and educational institutions. We offer robust professional development and career enhancement programs designed to cultivate Pan-Asian talent. In addition, the National Association of Asian MBAs (NAAMBA), Ascend’s national organization for MBA professionals and students, fosters Competent, Committed, Competitive, and Collaborative global MBA leaders to fulfill diverse talent pipelines. Ascend Foundation‘s research provides the basis to the development of our leadership and development programs.
Enhance the presence and influence of current and future Pan-Asian business leaders and serve as a collective voice for Pan-Asian business communities.
Be the premier professional organization dedicated to enabling its members, corporate partners and the professional Pan-Asian community to leverage the leadership and global business potential of Pan-Asian professionals worldwide.
- Connect Pan-Asian leaders across industries through a network of seasoned professionals and emerging leaders
- Enable young professionals and emerging leaders to pursue their dreams and achieve new professional heights
- Assist our partners and sponsors to achieve their business growth through world-class diversity and inclusion practices
Membership is open to individuals of all ethnicities and business backgrounds. The majority of our members come from fields where there is a high concentration of Pan-Asians – accounting, financial services, technology, engineering, professional services, and others in business, government, and academia.
Pan-Asians have cultural origins from more than 32 ethnic groups. Of those, six major groups account for more than 95 percent of the Pan-Asians in the U.S.: Asian Indian, Chinese, Filipino, Japanese, Korean and Vietnamese. The role that they play in the global marketplace continues to grow with the economic growth of Asia, especially China, India and Southeast Asia. Pan-Asian professionals represent a pipeline of strong talent for companies.
Today, Pan-Asians are high contributors to U.S. and global businesses:
- The Pan-Asian population is expected to triple to 40 million in the next 40 years
- The Pan-Asian workforce is highly-educated, technically skilled and affluent with tremendous leadership potential
- Pan-Asian corporations are setting up operations in the U.S. and represent the fastest growing market